The Delicate Balancing Act Of Life

I was watching Nick Cannon doing his stand up routine and talking about how great it is to be married to Mariah Carey. Part of the greatness of being married to her was that they were ‘recession proof’ and that he had ‘traded up’. In other words, she’s rich so he doesn’t have to worry about money.

Unfortunately his marriage to a successful, talented and beautiful woman didn’t prevent him from having kidney failure or keep him from losing his radio show due to blood clots in his lungs and it reminded me of the balance of life.

The Delicate Balancing Act Of Life means we have three main aspects to our lives; love, wealth and health. We as beings crave challenge and we will set ourselves challenges whether we want them or not. If we have health and wealth then it’s love that gives us the challenge. Why is the divorce rate 50% in the general population but up to 80% of celebrity marriages? Why would the rich have a harder time with marriage and love than less fortunate people? Maybe it’s because they have a high standard and can afford multiple divorces.

What happens when someone has a great marriage and is very successful? Ask Paul McCartney whose wealth couldn’t keep his 27 year old marriage to Linda since his money couldn’t cure her cancer.

Personally, I would rather struggle with my career (I’m apparently getting my wish) and have a reasonably happy home life and good health. Perhaps this belief, which I actually do believe, has been sabotaging my career but I also believe a balance can be achieved. So far, two out of three ain’t bad and as long as you have your health you at least have the potential to get love and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment