KLOS’ Top 1000 Classic Rock Songs Of All Time

Over this past Memorial Day weekend, local Classic Rock radio station KLOS presented their listener submitted top 1000 Classic Rock songs of all time. They are;

1. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

2. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

3. Hotel California - Eagles

4. Baba O'Reilly - Who

5. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

6. Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

7. Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

8. Back in Black - AC/DC

9. Layla - Derek & the Dominos

I don’t have a problem with the top four but I think I’d replace Kashmir with Light My Fire by The Doors and Back In Black with All Along The Watch Tower by Jimi Hendrix. Pink Floyd deserves their spot but I’m not sure Comfortably Numb would be my choice. Wouldn't something on Dark Side Of The Moon, arguably the all time Classic Rock Radio champ be included in the Top Ten?

What interests me the most is that there are no Beatles songs on the list. A Day In His Life or Strawberry Fields Forever doesn’t make the top ten? How about Satisfaction by the Stones?  Perhaps the “Classic Rock” era as defined by the Classic Rock Radio format officially starts after the psychedelic era  (1967).

To be fair, some of the choices I think should be in the Top Ten actually did make the Top Twenty. Really, I'm surprised I still pay attention to this kind of stuff. For my past experience with these lists see:



No comments:

Post a Comment